Terms & Conditions
Last updated: September 2013
www.epublicnotices.co.uk is a trading entity within Farnham Herald Newspapers.Â Farnham Herald Newspapers is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tindle Newspapers Ltd, The Old Courthouse, Union Road, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7PT.
For the purposes of this policy, references to www.epublicnotices.co.uk are deemed to include all newspapers, web sites and any other media produced by Farnham Herald Newspapers.Â References to the www.epublicnotices.co.uk web site are also deemed to include all other websites within the www.epublicnotices.co.uk online portfolio.
Access to and use of 'www.epublicnotices.co.uk' both within the UK and internationally is provided by Tindle Newspapers Ltd. (international users of the site may see some advertising on certain pages which is provided by Tindle Newspapers Ltd. on the following terms:
1. By using www.epublicnotices.co.uk you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of www.epublicnotices.co.uk. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to www.epublicnotices.co.uk.
2. Tindle Newspapers Ltd. may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of www.epublicnotices.co.uk will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on www.epublicnotices.co.uk (including house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
3. You agree to use www.epublicnotices.co.uk only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of www.epublicnotices.co.uk. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within www.epublicnotices.co.uk.
4. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on www.epublicnotices.co.uk and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in Tindle Newspapers Ltd. or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use www.epublicnotices.co.uk content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any www.epublicnotices.co.uk content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of www.epublicnotices.co.uk content requires the prior written permission of Tindle Newspapers Ltd..
5. The names, images and logos identifying Tindle Newspapers Ltd. or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of Tindle Newspapers Ltd. and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of Tindle Newspapers Ltd. or any other third party.
Contributions to Tindle Newspapers Ltd.
6. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with Tindle Newspapers Ltd. you agree to grant to Tindle Newspapers Ltd., free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for Tindle Newspapers Ltd. services in any media worldwide (including on Tindle Newspapers Ltd.'s web sites accessed by international users). In certain circumstance Tindle Newspapers Ltd. may also share your contribution with trusted third parties.
7. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
8. In order that Tindle Newspapers Ltd. can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give Tindle Newspapers Ltd. permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
10. Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with Tindle Newspapers Ltd..
11. If you do not want to grant Tindle Newspapers Ltd. the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with www.epublicnotices.co.uk.
12. If you have any questions about contributing content to Tindle Newspapers Ltd., please email us using the Contact Us section of the site.
14. You agree to use www.epublicnotices.co.uk communities (including message and comment boards) in accordance with the following Community Rules. These apply across all www.epublicnotices.co.uk community sites and services. You should, however, read any local house rules of the particular site or service you are using, as there may be some local variations to these Community Rules.
(i) About your posts:
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
- Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant www.epublicnotices.co.uk community.
- No spamming or off-topic material: we do not allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please do not re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
- No advertising or promoting.
- No spoilers: material which contains plot developments which have not been transmitted on UK television will be deleted unless submitted in a designated 'spoilers' area or marked as a 'spoiler'.
- Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed unless allowed in the relevant local house rules.
- No impersonation.
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
- URLs (web site addresses) can only be posted if allowed under any relevant local house rules.
- Deliberate misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this, action may be taken against your account.